Salsa-rrific Holiday Recipes
Tired of the traditional holiday meals?Looking for a little more zest this year?At Mama Flasch’s Gourmet Kitchen we love to spice things up with these salsa-rrific holiday recipes!
We thought we’d start with a festive veggie tray that is a lot more enticing than the standard tray hardly anyone ever eats.
Holiday Vegetable Appetizer With Creamy Salsa Dip
Serves: 6, Prep time: 30 mins, Cook time: 2 hrs
For the Vegetable Wreath
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 2 cups cauliflower florets
• 1 jicama, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch slices and cut into star shapes
• 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
• 8 cherry tomatoes
For Creamy Salsa Dip
• 8 oz whipped cream cheese
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1 cup Mama Flasch’s Salsa — your choice of Gregular (mild), Scottsome Heat (medium) or In Cindyary (hot)
• 1 tbsp.drained fire roasted diced green chilies
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped or parsley
1. Arrange the cauliflower and broccoli on a round platter in a wreath-shape.Leave space for the dip in the center of the platter.
2. Use a small star cookie cutter to make stars out of jicama. Garnish the wreath with the jicama stars. Decorate the wreath with strips of bell pepper and cherry tomatoes.
3. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Mama Flasch Salsa, green chilies and cilantro or parsley in a food processor and blend until smooth. Refrigerate the dip for at least two hours to blend the flavors before serving.
Chances are you’ve had about as much chicken in your lifetime as the rest of us.Therefore, we wanted to share a recipe that allows your taste buds to party during the holiday season, too!
Salsa Stuffed Marinated Sheet Pan Chicken
Serves: 8, Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 35 mins
For the Marinade
• 1/2 jalapeno
• juice from 6 limes
• 1 handful of cilantro
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 garlic clove
• 1/3 cup water
For the Chicken
• 1/3 cup of your preferred Mama Flasch Salsa flavor
• Few pinches of taco seasoning
• 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts
1. Blend all marinade ingredients until smooth.
2. Marinade chicken in the refrigerator for 2 hours, minimum.
3. Preheat oven to 425F.With heavy duty foil,line a heavy duty baking sheet.
4. Slice a pocket into the chicken breast for salsa stuffing. Starting and ending approximately an inch from each side so you don’t split them in half.
5. Fill pocket with your favorite Mama Flasch salsa.
6. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with taco seasoning.Bake for 30 minutes. Once the internal temperature of chicken reaches at least 165F, sprinkle with cheese and broil for 3-4 minutes.Stay close and check on it every minute or so, until the cheese is melted. Then bon appetit!
Mama Flasch’s Gourmet Kitchen hopes these salsa-rrific holiday recipes bring some spice to your holiday season! We’d love to hear a few of your salsa-rrific recipes, too! From Mama Flasch’s home to yours, we wish you happy holidays!